Fake University List: UGC Declared State-Wise Forged Universities in India
Posted on : Fri, Apr 27 2018
The University Grant Commissions of India (UGC) has recently declared 24 unrecognised, sham universities running. These self-proclaimed institutions are against the UGC act and therefore declared as fake & non- entitled to issue any degree.
The list has been released by UGC, keeping in mind the interest of students and public concerned. Many students with an aim to immigrate overseas or to have better Job opportunities & enhanced careers, pay huge sums of money in the form of fee payments to these fake universities which are not even entitled to issue a degree. Qualification degrees from these institutions are not even recognised in Indian creamy job market, let alone in immigration sector.
The University Grants Commission Act, 1956 under Section 22(1) states that only a University established by a Central, State/ Provincial Act or an institution deemed to be university under section 3 or an institution especially empowered by an Act of Parliament to deliberate UGC specified degrees under section 22(3) of the Act, are deemed to be Institutional recognised university.
Data from these list revealed that maximum number of forged universities are from Uttar Pradesh (8) and Delhi (7).
Following is the state-wise list of universities recognised as ‘fake’:
1. Maithili University / Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga.
2. Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj.
3. United Nations University.
4. Vocational University.
5. ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi - 110 008.
6. Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
7. Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, Rozgar Sewasadan, 672, Sanjay Enclave, Opp. GTK Depot-110033.
8. Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), 351-352, Phase-I, Block-A, Vijay Vihar, Rithala, Rohini, 110085
9. Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum.
10. St. John's University, Kishanattam.
11. Raja Arabic University, Nagpur.
12. Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkata.
13. Institute of Alternative Medicine and Research,8-A, Diamond Harbour Road, Builtech inn, 2nd Floor, Thakurpurkur, Kolkatta - 700063
14. Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri.
15. Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya, (Women's University) Prayag, Allahabad.
16. Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad.
17. National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur.
18. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University (Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh.
19. Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura.
20. Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh.
21. Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda,Makanpur,Noida Phase-II.
22. Nababharat Shiksha Parishad, Anupoorna Bhawan, Plot No. 242, Pani Tanki Road,Shaktinagar, Rourkela-769014.
23. North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology.
24. Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, No. 186, Thilaspet, Vazhuthavoor Road -605009
Last year, UCG in a similar disclosure declared 22 fake universities in functioning in India.
This year’s current list has additions of Viswakarma Open University for Self-Employment, Delhi, Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalaya (Spiritual University), Delhi, North Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Odisha, and Sree Bodhi Academy of Higher Education, Puducherry.
If you are an immigration aspirant, be cautious of these bogus universities and think twice before investing your time, money and future.